The Erbosoft Project Code of Conduct
(Revised December 2019)
This document may be redistributed freely in its unmodified form by anyone. The only part which may be freely modified is the designation of the Owner in the following sentence, which should be changed to reflect the ownership of the project this Code of Conduct is being applied to.
For the purposes of this project, the Owner is Amy G. Bowersox/Erbosoft Metaverse Design Solutions.
- The Owner owns this project. Not you. The Owner’s decisions about any aspect of the project
- This Code of Conduct contains harsh language. Tough shit. Suck it up, Buttercup.
- Anyone who is an asshole is banned from this project. Permanently.
- This project has certain objectives. Anything outside of those objectives is irrelevant,
unless and until the Owner changes the objectives. Not you. In particular, if you’re a Social
Justice Warrior trying to join this project to spread your bullshit, you are automatically
declared an asshole. And you’re gone.
- The Owner reserves the right to change this Code of Conduct as they see fit. If, however, you try
to force the Owner to change it in ways that are offensive to them, or that try to advance
“social justice” ideals in any way, shape, or form, you’re an asshole. And you’re gone.
- In particular, this project explicitly rejects the “Open Code of Conduct” by the TODO Group,
the “Contributor Code of Merit” by Coraline Ada Ehmke, the “Citizen Code of Conduct” by
Stumptown Syndicate, and any similar “codes of conduct” that may be promulgated. Anyone complaining
about this is an asshole, because who the fuck are you to tell the Owner how they should
run their goddamn project? And you’re gone.
- The one and only criterion that will be used to determine whether a contribution to this project
will be accepted is the quality of the contribution and how well it solves the problem it was
contributed to solve. Period. (“Contribution” may include code, documentation, testing, or fundraising.)
- The one and only criterion that will be used to judge your worth in relation to this project is
the quality of your contributions (as defined above) to this project. Period.
- The Owner hereby does not give one milli-micro-nano-fraction of a fuck what race you are,
what gender you are or identify as, who you want to sleep with, how old you are, what your height or
weight is, what if anything may be different about your body or brain, what language you speak,
what country you’re from, what God you pray to, where you work, how much money you have,
et fucking cetera. Is your contribution any good? That’s all that matters.
- If your contribution is not accepted, and you start whining about how it’s “actually” because you’re
of some-or-other gender/race/religion/nationality/whatthefuckever, you are attempting to have the deck
stacked in your favor because you’re “special.” That makes you an asshole. And you’re gone.
- Only those people who have contributed a sufficient quantity of good work to the project,
as determined in the Owner’s sole discretion, will be allowed to assume any board position,
administrative position, or management-related role. And, any position that the Owner gives, they can
also take away, for any reason. Anyone who complains about this is an asshole. And they’re gone.
- You will do your own work. If you try to pass off the work of others as your own, you’re a
fucking plagiarist, and also an asshole. And you’re gone.
- If there’s a discussion that cannot be resolved within the scope of the project,
take that shit somewhere else. The Owner does not want your bullshit here. If you continue to spread
your bullshit here, you’re an asshole. And you’re gone.
- As noted above, the Owner’s decisions about any aspect of the project are final. Anyone
pissing the Owner off by getting all up in their face about said decisions is an asshole.
And they’re gone.
- Any advisory boards, committees, etc., having to do with this project will answer to the Owner.
The Owner reserves the right to disband any such whenever the hell they feel like it. As always, anyone
complaining about this is an asshole. And they’re gone.
- Anyone who does not approve of the objectives, direction, or attitude of this project is
free to get the fuck out at any time. Bye Felicia!